Owl Image

Very sore stinging when passing urine

am 40wks pregnant with very severe stinging when passing urine which is bright orange.
Mon, 29 Jul 2013
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Topics ,   ,  
  Anonymous's Response
can anyone help here am 40wks pregnant with my 4th child had severe stinging when passing urine and its also bright orange ...
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
hi
read your prob,
during pregnancy, difficulty in micturation n bright orange coloured urine is sign of any infection co you have to get urine analysis n CBC. consult your doc n discuss it .
aseemadhuri@gmail.com
hi since you are 40 wks pregnant your pregnant uterus is pressing upon urinary bladder
there may be less intake of water hence urine dark coloured..start drinking 2to3 liters of water get your urine tested for infection or RBC.
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist Dr. Prof Sukdev Nayak's  Response
pregnant uterus usually puts a pressure upon your urinary bladder and causes incoomplete emptying of the urinary bladder while you are passing urine.It can cause an infection in your urinary bladder. If you take less of water the urine may be dark coloured. Please start drinking 2to3 liters of water> You may get your urine examined for infection or RBC.

ITching while passing urine during late pregnancy occurs due to urinary tract infection. It is common. Drink more water and eat curd in breakfast. Wash your genitals after you pass urine every time.

Thanks

Dr. Ritu Sandhu
Homeopathic Consultant and Physician
drritu4179@gmail.com
Anesthesiologist Dr. Neetika Soni's  Response
hi,
welcome to health care magic,
you are harbouring urinary tract infection and at this stage of pregnancy should be treated earliest.get your urine examination done along with the urine culture sensitivity.by the time reports come drink lots of water,keep your genitals dry and clean,avoid spicy foods and get a gynaec consult.
Oncologist, Surgical Dr. Mamta Singla's  Response
Take neem water
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
Hi there
It might be possible that you have a slight urine infection if you have pain while passing urine. What you need to do in take plenty of water at least 4-5 litres a day. The urine should also be tested for a routine/microscopic examination.
It may be high coloured either due to dehydration or due to infection.