Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Very hard, non-puss filled, itchy red bumps on butt crack. Rashes comes and goes. How can I overcome this issue?

I have very hard, non-puss filled, itchy red bumps on the area around my butt crack. It started with one and I thought it was a mosquito bite. It faded and then several more appeared. There has been no open sores, I am in a healthy monogamous relationship. (17 years) I have tried some over the counter stuff but nothing seems to alleviate the issue. The rash comes and goes every several days. There seems to always be a hard knot somewhere on my inner buttcheeck. (Never in the exact same place.) So this issue flares up for a day or so then fades. Every time it re-appears it seems to be a little more intense. Any help would be great as I don t have the money to go to the doctor.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  1635
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Probably the case appears to me as "erythema nodosum"
it is a hypersensitivity response of the body to some abnormal antigen. you must undergo few investigations to find out the cause for the hypersensitivity. this may include few blood investigations and some others and you must visit a dermatologist at the earliest.
3. take some antiinflammatory medicine to relieve the pain and acute inflammation.
Dr Gaurav Bhaskar
Answered: Wed, 29 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi welcome toHCMForum. According to your description the problem could be UTRICARIA.
It is an allergic reaction to some thing. it may be food clothes cosmetics or some thing else. to
find out to which substance you are allergic you will be a better judge. Make a list of things you
come in contact with and you drink and eat. When you get the itching find the things you have
come across previous to that. I advise you to consult a physician for diagnosis and treatment.
Besides i advise you some diet recomendations as avoid things you come in contact wi th
and food you have taken before getting the itching. And also avoid taking brinjal and sea food.
Wishing for a quick recovery, and thanks for calling.
Answered: Wed, 29 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor