Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Vertigo after being slapped. Related?

I like sex to be a little rough every now and then, so I told my boyfriend to slap me. He slapped me a little harder than I had anticipated (I had a couple of red welts on my temple), and even though I felt totally fine the rest of the night, the next day I ve been plagued by random bouts of vertigo that only occur when changing my head position or standing up too quickly... Could the two be related even though the vertigo didn t occur until the next day? Do I need to go to a doctor right away in case something is seriously wrong or would it be generally safe to assume waiting a few days to see if it clears up would be okay?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing your quuery.

You might be suffering from Benign Positional Vertigo.
Our ears have a system which help in balance of our body through biochemical process.
It might be a possibility that due to tight slapping, there has occured some changes in the internal ear resulting in disturbance in the normal mechanism leading to feeling of vertigo.

You give complete rest to yourself.
Taking Betahistine 8 mg thrice a day will be helpful in curing your symptoms.

If your problem persists, get yourself examined by an ENT specialist.

I hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Tue, 29 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor