Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Vertical protrusion ridge coming from belly near sternum. What is it?

I am male, 66 years old, and will starting a sit-up move while on my back, legs up, I have this vertical protrusion like a ridge coming up from my belly button nearly to my sternum. I ve never had a hernia , nor abdominal surgery . I might have hypothyroidism - just discovered, but not diagnosed yet. Is it normal for this ridge to appear on center of my body vertically? thanks
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  277
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi Dear
Welcome to the Board of Health Care magic.
Considering your age and heavy exercise you have started. In my opinion you have developed abdominal hernia, usually this is because of weakness in the muscle and strain you have taken.
Kindly consult general surgeon he will take care of this problem.
Hope Your query is answered
Answered: Tue, 25 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor