Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Ventral hernia, bulges on eating, pain reduces on massaging, feeling of bowel movement. Treatment?

I have a ventral hernia . I ve had it for several years, it has gotten larger. When I eat, the hernia bulges out and I have pain, I massage the hernia. Sometimes it makes it feel better, if not I feel that I have to have a bowel movement . If I do the pain subsides. I intend to have surgery. I would appreciate your opinion. Thank You
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Yes you have to go for surgery, Let me know dear if you have to strain while passing urine or do you have long standing cough. Actually I am asking you all these questions to find out the cause of hernia because first the cause of hernia has to be found out and treated. Thereafter hernia should be treated, so without treating the root cause there can be recurrence even after care
Answered: Mon, 30 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor