Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Vdrl test done, sore glands in vaginal area, treated for syphilis. Taking azithral. Blood test and treatment to be taken?

sir, my wife got vdrl test report as 1:8 , at the initial stage she has sore glands in the vaginal area , i have also glands in my penis area. but my test report is negative , but we are treated for syphilis course as advised by the doctor here , azitharl 500 mg and doxy tablets for 10 days . now she got 1:4 IN BLOOD REPORT , I dont have vdrl . is it completely cured from our body , please advise me correct blood tests and treatment ,
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
you and your spouse have both being treated with medications used to treat syphilis if you have finished the course properly then there is no need to take other medications.
to confirm that you dont have vdrl you can get a tpha test done.
you also have to be faithful to eachother and keep good personal hygiene as well.
hope to have answered your query
thanking you.
Answered: Fri, 21 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor