Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Varicose veins in penis

i have found penis varicose veins on many places on left side of my penis, and some of them are like hard meat balls clotted together, i am very worried if it is the result of DVT in veins of my penis, could you help?
Asked On : Sat, 21 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1470
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi James,
Welcome to HCM.
DVT is Deep vein Thrombosis and is unlikely to primarily affect your penile veins which are superficial. Finding tortuous distended veins in the foreskin is quite normal and should not be a cause of worry. However they should not be hard to feel, so I suggest better consult a urologist just to be on safer side.
Answered: Sat, 21 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hi james ;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Normally the veins of penis are visible during erection.But if you can see and feel the veins in both erect as well as relaxed position then they may be varicose vein.See if there is pain in the vein or penis during erection or have any pain or problem in sex.If yes then the condition may be called a Mondor's disease or Penile mondor and needs treatment so please consult a Uro-surgeon immediately.Till you consult give rest to the part by avoiding sex if you have pain and if required take a painkiller.
Answered: Sat, 21 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor