Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Varicose veins for 15 years, pain, burning, swelling. Cure?

I ve had vericose veins for about 15 yrs. I had them examined many years ago and was told as long as I do not experience pain it is cosmetic with no real dangers. well, for the last 6-7 days I have expierienced pain, burning and swelling . I am afraid of blood clots. Is this possible and if so what complications could I be facing? Should I go to ER?
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
thanks for using Health Care magic .

I would be pleased to answer your question

Yes Blood clots can occur in very severe cases of varicosities .
If there is an pain burning and swelling and redness and pain on pressing that area one needs to rule out cellulitis , deep vein thrombosis , erysipelas and other complications .

You can visit a Dermatologist or a Casualty medical officer.

Thanks and take Care
Answered: Sat, 5 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor