Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Varicocele, pain resurfaces on walking or standing for long. Advised varicocele surgery after marriage. Is that right?

Hi, i m 22 years old now, since i m 19 yrs old, i was diagnosed with varicocele in my right testicle, the pain is about 5 out of 10. (10 is the most painful). almost 3 years i can endure the pain, because when i woke up in the morning the pain goes away, but it will be back after when i walked or stand too long. My doctor told me that i can take varicocele surgery after marriage, since he said varicocele surgery is more effective after marriage, so my question is now, is my doctor is right or not? thanks :)
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You have rt sided Varicocele since last three years and you do get pain while standing and walking.The severity of pain itself is an indication for you to get operated now.Presence of varicocele may affect spermatogenesis on Rt side.So do not weight till you get married.if you are getting married in near future.
Answered: Wed, 9 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor