Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Vaginal spotting, tiredness, pain in pelvic area, headaches. Negative pregnancy test. Pregnancy possible?

Hello So in the month of december i spotted 3x and two days each time, once in the begining of december then in the middle and then again on the 31. I am now feeling very tired and pains in my pelvic area, headaches and like a weird feeling under my belly button. I took a pregnancy test last week and it came back negative. Is there a possibilty i could be pregnant?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Good Evening,

Your pregnancy test is negative, so very little chances of pregnancy, even this seems to menstrual disorder, can be called as Metrorrhagia, which is uterine bleeding at irregular intervals, particularly between the expected menstrual periods.

Intermittent spotting between periods can result from any of numerous reproductive system disorders:

-Dysfunctional uterine bleeding
-Ectopic pregnancy
-Hormone imbalance
-Endometrial hyperplasia
-Use of progestin-only contraceptives
-Enlarged uterus with menorrhea
-Irregular ovulation, commonly caused by polycystic ovarian syndrome
-Pregnancy (implantation bleeding, ectopic pregnancy, or incomplete miscarriage)
-Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
-Change in oral contraception

You should aware about PCOS:

PCOS produces symptoms in approximately 5% to 10% of women of reproductive age (12–45 years old). It is thought to be one of the leading causes of female sub-fertility and the most frequent endocrine problem in women of reproductive age.

The principal features are anovulation, resulting in irregular menstruation, amenorrhea, ovulation-related infertility, and polycystic ovaries; excessive amounts or effects of androgenic (masculinizing) hormones, resulting in acne and hirsutism; and insulin resistance, often associated with obesity, Type 2 diabetes, and high cholesterol levels.

The symptoms and severity of the syndrome vary greatly among affected women.

So go to the gynecologist for proper evaluation and management.


Dr. Naresh Jain.
Answered: Fri, 26 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor