Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Vaginal itching, darkened skin. Help

Hello, For about a week now I have had itching either side of the vagina on the small area of skin by the top of my inner thigh and the vagina opening, where the pant (nicker) line rests. This area of skin is looking darker almost bruise colour. I am married and have had the same sexual partener for 10 years. I hope you can help many thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  170
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
There is possibility for contact dermatitis or fungal infection.
So you better consult gynecologist and get examined to find out the possible cause for your problem.
Sometimes infection can also occur by skin contact apart from sexual transmission.
General measures like decreasing weight in case of obesity, using cotton undergarments, keeping the area dry etc can help to some extent.
Take care.

Answered: Wed, 3 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor