Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Vaginal infection

Hi, I am 35 years of age. I have been suffering this problem last few months. I am not sure if it is vaginal discharge or something else that gets formed on out mouth of the Virgina and this white liquid get turned into hard gel and causes irritation. is it some kins of a fungal infection or something? i tried applying ceneston cream but did not help. pl advise.
Asked On : Tue, 24 May 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  1019
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

vaginal discharge can be normal most of the time.....

but doubt infection if there change in colour, increase in quantity of discharge, bloody discolouration not followed by menstration, itching and redness of surrounding area

if its a white curdy type of discharge with itching,,,its most likely to be a fungal infection,

then management is:

keep the area dry and clean always

bath twice a day

use cotton under garments

avoid tight fitting dresses

avoid using soap and body washes, if unavoidable use mild type, maximum twice a day

use candid B ointment for skin symptoms

take antifungal tablet or vaginal suppository under the guidance of gynaecologist or dermatologist

tc, wish u good health

dr. meenu
Answered: Thu, 19 Jan 2012
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
hi its look like fungal infection
u need to consult doctor
apply clotrimazole cream twice a day
u need to take antifungal tab
keep it dry and clean
Answered: Tue, 24 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome,
it is most probably infection
you as early as possible consult your gynecologic and get exam well.
doctor will guide you better
you follow just doctor
thanking you
Answered: Tue, 24 May 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Gyan Prakash's  Response
hi.welcome to HealthcareMagic per your saying it seems that you are suffering from fungal infection most likely.but it needs confirmation before prescribing should visit gynaecologist for examination and diagnosis and prescription of medicine.
Answered: Tue, 24 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor