Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Using contact lenses for eye power. Getting blurred vision. Any alternate cure?

Hi ! I am 39 years old. Power of right eye is -3.5 and left eye is -3.0. I am wearing contact lenses since past 2 decades and I didnt have to change my prescription more than twice. Last week, I felt the vision from my left eye wasnt very clear. My doctor has told me that my eyes appear very strained and that I have 0.5 cylindrical power in my left eye now. Is there a way, it can be cured? Thanks in advance for your help !
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

It is not clear if you have started using the fresh prescription of glasses. If not, then please try it for at least one week. In case that does not suit, you may have to get a fresh refraction done to solve the problem.

You can use some lubricating eye drops 3-4 times a day which will help with the straining of eyes.

Answered: Fri, 25 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor