Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Used wart medicine for genital warts. Should I go to ER for treatment?

I need sum help with a question I went to my doctor and they said I had genital warts They didn't have medicine to treat it I took it apon myself n used regular wart medicine. it seemed to help a little but I think I might have them on the inside to but its like my doctor don't care or don't care to talk about it n answer my questions im feeling depressed now badly like my life is over its done can I go to the emergency room to get treated for this help me please what can I do
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  249
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Genital warts are very common and can be easily treated. But how you got them is also important. Genital warts are one of the most common Sexually transmitted diseases. Unprotected sex could be one reason for this infection to occur. These warts are caused by a virus called Human papilloma virus.
Warts treatment can vary depending on the size, number, site where they are present and the duration they have been there.
Small warts can be burned off by chemicals, but larger ones require cautery or surgical removal.
I suggest you go to a dermatologist who will help you to get rid of them easily. And also practice safe sex.
If your partner is also having the same complaint, he/she should also be treated for the same.
Answered: Wed, 19 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor