Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Used undiluted Savlon on forehead to treat pimple. What is shiny reddened area there instead?

Hello, I used undiluted Savlon on my forehead to treat a pimple . I have done this before, but this time i dabbed a pretty large quantity of it with a cotton ball and actually left the cotton sticking on my forehead overnight. This happened last night. Now I have a little bumpy, shiny, and slightly reddened area where I used it. Will this darken and leave a scar behind? What should I treat it with. Please suggest.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  187
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi ,

Thanks for writing in.

The condition you are suffering is Allergic contact dermatitis .

It has occured due to savlon use.

You can use hydrocortisone cream over the area

Also supportive oral tablets containing vitamin C can be helpful.

When treated early in the course ,it will not lead to mark or scar.

Please consult a good dermatologist for proper examination and prescription medications.

Hope this helps.




Answered: Fri, 19 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor