Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Used betnesol for fluid coming from ear. Getting temporary relief. Any permanent cure?

Hi, my son is 9 years old, some fluids (yellow color) are coming out of my children ear, i have contacted different doctors and they have advised me to use different drops, i use drop name Betnesol n after using it the fluid stops, but after lapse of 3 or 4 months the problem again rise. So, please look into this matter carefully and advise me a permanent solution of this problem. Thanks Regards Riaz Ahmed.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

It is surprising that you have discharge coming out of the ears and you have not consulted an ENT doctor and if you have then it is surprising that the problem is persisting! Consult a good ENT in your area and make sure of the following:
1. Get a complete examination of the ear to see if there is a hole in the drum and also to state the size and position of the hole .
2. Get a full audiometric analysis done and also plan for an imaging study to know the state of infection
3. Rule out any focus of infection like the tonsils which can cause recurrent infections and that may present as ear discharge. In fact in may patients a tonsillectomy can actually cure the ear problem by helping in permanent healing! Although you should know that this can vary from person to person
4. If everything is fine and the tonsils have been removed you can consider a surgery for the closure of the hole of the drum which can offer permanent cure in good hands

take care and keep the ear clean and dry and do not allow even a drop of water to enter the ear

Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Fri, 23 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor