Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Used Tioconazole for yeast infection. Swollen labia minora, pain. Difficulty walking or sitting. Serious?

I believe I ve had a yeast infection for the past few days and used Tioconazole last night. I woke up and felt pain and swelling and noticed that my labia minora is extremely swollen. It is probably at least 5 times the normal size and it is difficult to walk or sit without pain. Is this something very serious? Should I seek help for this immediately or can I go see a doctor today after work?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  366
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The swelling in the labia is suggestive of local vulvovaginitis in the area. You need both local and oral broad spectrum antibiotics for the treatment. Do consult your gynecologist for this.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,
Answered: Tue, 15 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor