Use of montek lc drug

what are the other uses of montek lc drug other than asthma?
Wed, 9 Mar 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Homeopath 's  Response
hi;
Montelukast is used in treatment of asthma;& Levocetrizine is a anti-histaminic &is mainly used in allergic conditions like rhinitis;urticaria;hypersensitivity reactions as it is a mast cell stabilizer.
thanks
General & Family Physician Dr. Prasad's  Response
Dear Malu, Welcome to healthcaremagic forum....
Montek lc is a drug that contains montelukast which is a leukotreine receptor blocker and levocetrizine which is an antihistamine.
Both these drugs are useful in treating symptoms of asthma as well as preventing an asthmatic attack when you expect them such as following an exercise, exposure to allergens and so on.
Apart from this, its property to prevent/treat allergic symptoms is used in treating conditions such as nasal allergy, skin allergy or allergy in any other form.
These are the known use of montek lc.
Hope it is clear to you.