Use of banned Medicines

Hi, I would like to know that there are certain medicines banned in different countries but in India we still use them, when one country bans it for a reason why do we use them. Regards Aldo
Wed, 23 Sep 2009
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

This is quite common in India, that we use so many drugs which are banned in othere countries. So you need to check with the doctor before using them.

Aldo's  Response

Thank you for your reply, the very much concern in this query is that the doctors do prescribe the banned medicine, times they do not use their letter head but they use a plain paper to prescribe the same, in this scenario what do common man do.

Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

Don't bother and trust your doctor. If a medicine is banned in other countries and not India, it is not the doctor's problem but the problem of Drug Controller Authority of India. So just go by Doctor's discretion as he is better aware of the side effects than the patients are.