Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Urine shows high glucose and blood. Getting scanned. What could be wrong?

Hi, i have been to my Gp with symptoms of - 20lbs weight loss , shaking, very thirsty, passing more urine and bowels than normal, and lower left back pain . He has taken bloods and sample of urine, urine shows high glaucose and blood, blood test is clear for diabetes and thyroid problems. Now sending me for a scan on my lower back? what could be wrong with me?. Thank You.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Diabetologist 's  Response
Aug 2012
Your GP has suggested correctly. There can be urinary tract infection quite up to the kidneys and hence the the scan is very much required. The presence of blood can be due to that or simply due to some obstruction such as urinary stone. So do the way he has suggested and also take care of the sugars to help recover fast from this. I hope you got your answer. Take care.
Answered: Tue, 26 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor