Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Urine sample contains blood, no protein or nitrates. Should I be worried ?

Hi I gave a urine sample for my gp who said I had blood in it but nothing else like protein or nitrates (think that s what she called the last one) the sample was sent to hospital for testing and my results have come back borderline and inconclusive so have to repeat in 2weeks. Should I be worried? I don t have any signs of a uti
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear Craigs, hello
Please write the complete urine report. You have not mentioned how many RBC (Red Blood Cells) were present. Also mention the pH of your urine sample.
Blood in urine can be noted in females if the sample is collected during menstural periods.
It will be advisable that you should drink plenty of pure and filtered water. This will help in reducing the slight infection, if present.
Hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Sun, 23 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor