Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Urine leakage post child birth

Hi, for years ive leaked urine i thought it was due to childbirth, but it has been getting worse ive noticed it seems to be when i sit down as when i go to the toilet i leak when i sit on the toilet before i actually go if that makes sense. Im 27 and gave birth at the age of 20. Is there anything that will help as its embarrassing
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
I undersatnd the stress that you must be undergoing.But you need not worry as there is lot that can be done. I would suggest the following
1. Urodynamic testing.
2. Gynaec evaluation
3. Urologist evaluation.
After the 3 options are exercised adecision needs to be made as to the exact type of incontinence that you are suffering from.This will then dicate the nature of treatment which may range from pelvic floor physiotherapy to surgical intervention. If properly evaluated the success rate is very good.
Answered: Tue, 8 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor