Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Urine infection. UFR positive. Prescribed norflaxcin. Correct treatment?

Hi Dr.Good Morning.I have a urine inpection .yesterday i have checked my UFR test.According to the report Dr said it was bad.Pus Cell show Field Full And Red cell 03-05.and Dr gave medicine name call Norfloxacin Brand Name is Noroxin Please kindly tell me is that correct tradment for this inpection.i am really sufuring with pain.
Thank you so much.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
After going through your history, you are having UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) and it is confirmed by Urine analysis,usually a culture of micro organisms is also done and drug sensitivity may be that report is awaited.
Norfloxacin is urinary specific antibiotic please continue it and take plenty of water and fluids.
In case sensitivity report shows organisms which are not responding to current drug your doctor will change antibiotics. Common organisms E. Coli many times resistant to the antibiotics.
If you have pain or fever a paracetamol tablet can be taken with consultation of your doctor.
You can also take cranberry juice.
In case there is recurrent infection a Ultrasound is warranted to see if there is any obstruction and in the mean time keep good personal hygiene.
Take care
Good Luck
Answered: Tue, 16 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor