Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Urine in blood after an accident. No fracture. Severe lower abdominal pain. Any internal injury?

I was in a bad car accident last week, went to the e.r. And all they checked were for broken bones, all was good there. But at my follow up apointment with my pcp she found urine in my blood with no infection to cause it, and last night u started spotting heAvily dark brown blood and now have severe pain in lower abdomen as well. I am very concerned since I stopped my period last week and its very abnormal for me to be spotting a week after my period plus I've never had blood in my urine before. I tried to call my dr with this new info and she is too busy with patients to call me back. I was wearing my seatbelt and I'm concerned something internal is seriously injured. What do you think it could be? Should I go to the e. r. Or just wait for my dr to call me back?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcaremagic.

Thank you for writing to us.

As this is an emergency, if tru, I would like to quickly list the symptoms of a possible internal bleed, they are:
-Tenderness in abdomen, back or chest
-Abdominal pain and/or bloating
-Skin rash or discoloration, especially at site of injury
-Blood in urine, stool, saliva or vomit
-Vaginal bleeding (between periods)

This is an emergency, and can result in serious complications like:
-Shock (altered mental state, confusion, weakness, shortness of breath, pale skin, etc.)
-Drop in blood pressure (light headedness, weakness, etc.)
-Organ failure (serious symptoms)

In my opinion there could be a chance of internal injury, whether this is serious or minor (self-resolving) injury has to be elaborately checked by a doctor with the help of other non-invasive investigations.

I think it is best to visit the ER and get evaluated.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and indeed only a minor injury which can be easily resolved. If you have any further clarifications, do write back to me, and I would be happy to help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Fri, 19 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor