Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Urine analysis showed puss cells, mild prostatomegaly

I got the urine analysis done which contains 15-20 pus cells after the antibiotic treatment for a week or so I took Balaforce 100 mg for 10 days. The result was pus cells reduced to 8-10 as on 27.12.2011. I am not medicine now. Still I feel that i do pass some pus like material some times while passing urine. Is it necessary to go one more test and then start antibiotic. Further in the ultra sound abdomen and pelvis the results are as under: a. Urinary bladder : Well distended. normal in internal contents. pre void 657ml. !st post Void 281ml and 2nd post void : could not void urine. b. postate: mildly enlarged in size. prostates measures 27X48X35mm of volume 24cc c. Mild prostatomegaly. Is it beacause of urine not completely passing the pus cells are existing? What further treatment can be taken?
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  673
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
hi, sudheendra, i assume you are above 50 (because >50 cause is prostate enlargment,
You need to undergo urinary catheter placement, antibiotic course and culture, followed by endoscopic surgery for prostate. Size of prostate doesnot decide need for surgery, so even small prostates like yours can be reason for surgery, if they cause significant problems (urine retention, UTI, etc).
Answered: Sun, 6 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
Your main problem is enlarged prostate, due to which you are unable to void urine completely, and infection/pus cells persisting. You should consult an Urologist, who may prescribe you drugs like Urimax/Urimax-F/Alfusin to reduce the size of prostate. Antibiotics will be more effective, when post void urine is negligible. If size is not reduced by drugs, surgical process is required.
Wish you good health,
Answered: Thu, 26 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor