Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Urine analysis done during pregnancy. Ph, WBC high. How severe is the infection?

Hi I am 16 week pregnant woman my urine routine analysis shows high ph result 8, chemical examination : nitrites, protein, glucose, ketones , urobilinogen , bilirubin all NIL , microscope examination white blood cell high 23-30, red blood cell 1-2, bacteria NIL, epithelial cell +++, crystals, casts, yeast cells all not seen I googled the result for the high white blood cells I figured out that it means infection, I am afraid about the high level of it, how severe my infection is, best regards
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  169
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response

Your urinalysis report indicates renal inflammation. You should get investigated further with a renal sonogram, urine culture and proper evaluation by a nephrologist. It is quite common for asymptomatic pyelonephrosis to present during pregnancy owing to the altered anatomy and a thorough evaluation is mandatory. Wish you good health.
Answered: Fri, 8 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
Urine report indicates that you are having quite severe urinary tract infection.
It should be treated with antibiotic, safe during pregnancy.
If left untreated equally not advisable during pregnancy.
Consult your Obst. and take her opinion.
It should treated with antibiotic, safe during pregnancy under her care.
Take plenty of water to flush out infection.
Keep local hygiene clean and healthy.
okand bye.
Answered: Fri, 8 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

OBGYN Dr. Mrs Sumeet Baheti's  Response
Your urine test result indicates that you have urinary infection.
You need to drink plenty of liquids. You will need antibiotic treatment.
You should consult your doctor for the treatment.
Hope this helps you.
Dr. Mrs. Sumeet Baheti
Answered: Fri, 8 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor