Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Urinary tract infection, back pain, frequent urge to urinate. Drank soda, ate food with sugar. Cure?

So I had a urinary tract infection with mild back pain . I m not sure if its just back pain or more, Anyway my dr put me on meds and for the most part I feel ok except I still feel the urge to pee once with only a little bit coming out and my achy back comes and goes. I am on my last pill but its one that I missed before. I did drink soda . And ate sugary things a bit. What could be wrong.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you got getting in touch with us. As I see, you were diagnosed with a Urinary Tract Infection and started on antibiotics (most probably). These antibiotics take a little time to start working and therefore, you need not worry about it. Along with antibiotics, we would recommend you to increase your water intake. You should avoid having aerated drinks for sometime. You should also ask your Doctor about the exact reason behind your UTI (there are many and he can only diagnose that after taking a complete history) and take precautions so that you do not get it again. Hope this helped.
Dr. Gagandeep Dhillon
Answered: Fri, 7 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Akhilesh Dubey's  Response
Welcome to Health care Magic,
Your are recovering from a Urinary tract infection,still you have symptoms it is good to take plenty of fluids,like craineberry juice.
But most important to do a Urine culture and sensitivity as some times drug which we use may not be completely effective?
If your antimicrobial is working it is fine or consult your doctor to advise suitable medicine you will be fine in few days.
If acidic urine is there some time alkalization urine helps.
Urinary antiseptic also may be given by your doctor.
If UTI is frequent then any stone or obstruction to urinary tract should be searched.
Take care.
Good Luck
Answered: Fri, 7 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor