Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Urge to pee constantly, tingling sensation, noticed light pink blood, hurt. What could cause that?

hi...I feel the urge to pee constantly but when I go not alot comes out or even when I do empty my bladder still feels full and a tingling burning sensation and just noticed light pink blood when I wipe myself...i'm in a monogamous relationship so an std is not an option but it's starting to hurt quite a bit & worrying me
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  900
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM
According to your symptoms you are suffering from urinary tract infection.
Burning micturation, frequency and Blood in urine are symptoms of urinary tract infection.
You should not worry , get your urine test and if necessary Urine cullture and sensitivity done(will take 24-48hrs) so that appropriate antibiotics can be started.
Visit your urologist to get a physical examination done.
You should also drink lots of water and cranberry juice as it has shown to decrease the urinary infection.
wishing you good health
Answered: Tue, 16 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shoaib Khan's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

It appears as though you could be suffering from a urinary tract infection. Before listing the most common symptoms of the infection for you, let me explain the reason for a pink discharge usually seen in females. For future reference, please mention your age and sex, as this is a blind consultation, and doctor's require such information in order to make an informed diagnosis.

Now, a pink discharge, in females is usually either the sign of an infection (eg. UTI) or is also normally seen on the first few days of the period. In some cases a pink discharge is also indicative of a sexually transmitted disease/infection (STD). But, let us rule out the more likely conditions before considering the possibility of an STD.

Now coming to other symptoms of a UTI:
-Frequent urination
-Increased urge to urinate with small quantities of urine passed
-Burning sensation while urinating
-Itching around the genitalia
-Lower abdominal or flank pain

Please note that not all symptoms need to be present to clinical suspect a UTI. Although you are in a monogamous relationship, an STD cannot be ruled out, but should only be considered once other more common conditions are ruled out.

Now coming to what you need to do next. You should visit your doctor for a urine analysis, which will help in further confirming the possibility of a UTI. This can be followed up with a urine culture examination, which will provide information on the infection-causing organism and in turn solidify our treatment options.

In the meantime, you could consume plenty of water and also add cranberry juice to your regimen as it has shown to have added benefits in treating UTI-related symptoms.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor