Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Urge for frequent urination. Back pain and pain while intercourse. Reason?

I have felt like my vagina has been getting smaller. It hurts everyone in a while when I have sex. Also now I feel like I have a bladder infection. It does not hurt when I pee but some days it feels like I always have to pee. I'm going to a doctor soon but I'm really nervous because I have had these problems for a while and I have had a bad feeling about it and the last doctor rushed me out of there and said there was nothing wrong with me. Please help. My lower belly feels weird and I do have back pain
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello ma'am.

Your symptoms clearly match that of an infection. What kind of infection this is, we can only say with the help of a physical examination and laboratory investigation to support the diagnosis.

I am sure you have an infection and so would advise you to most certainly abstain from all forms of sexual contact.

For now, go about a urine culture and sensitivity examination, which will confirm the infection and the infection-causing organism. Not only this, it will also provide information on the most suitable medication that will help in quick and adequate treatment of your infection. You will have to go about this investigation, and if it does not report any infection then a vaginal swab and a screening of all sexually transmitted infections would be required.

Please consume plenty of water and I shall emphasize on it again, abstain from all forms of sexual intercourse as this could aggravate your infection or even transmit it to your partner.

I hope this helps.

Take care.
Answered: Sat, 6 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor