Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Urethritis. Clear discharge, white goo, penile discomfort. Leukocytes in urine. Gonorrhea and chlamydia negative. What should i do?

I am a 60yo sexually active uncircumcised male. 1 month ago I discovered white particles & threads in my urine but no symptoms. I attended a STD clinic which found leukocytes in my urine but no gonococci & treated me with doxycycline 100mg twice a day for 7 days. 1 week later there was no change. Lab results were negative for gonorrhea & chlamydia. I was told that I was using the wrong shower gel ! 2 weeks after that I started noticing a small amount of clear discharge during the day, and sometimes a glob of white goo on the end of my penis on waking, and often diffuse penile discomfort. I went back to the clinic & was given 1g azythromycin. 1 week later everything exactly the same. I was given a tube of aqueous cream & told not to wash my penis with soap. 5 days later no improvement. I find the suggestion that washing with soap is the cause to be absurd since I have washed with soap for 60 years. I feel that the real cause of this urethritis has not been found. My GP will not talk to me - he says go back to the clinic; they say wait another 10 days. Meanwhile I might well be infectious and essentially untreated. I am desperate. What should do ?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  132
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. I believe that you have had a diagnosis of urethritis, and have a clear discharge with discomfort in your genitalia. I am glad that you had treatment for infections and are currently not positive for infection. However you do not mention if an entire batter of tests for STDs and UTIs were done. I hope that you do it as soon as you can, by consulting a qualified doctor who can order the appropriate tests after doing an H&P. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Fri, 14 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor