Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Upset stomach, nausea, chest pressure, abdominal pain. Have Crohns disease

Hi there. I m currently expereinceing a very upset stomach . I have the feeling that there is something sitting on my chest . When I lay down I have an intense feeling to vomit . When I sit up its better but I have cramping/pain in my abdomen . I have thrown up about 5 times now and can t hold down any water. I am just dry heaving now. I have moved to crushed ice as I m trying to keep my strength. I have Crohns dessease and have had this once before. I went to the ER and they gave me fluids but couldn t give me an answer. Please help!
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hello, Defi,
I want to tell you that if you were diagnosed with Crohn's disease,
there is no cure for it. We can get the disease under remission or
control and make you symptom free but unfortunately there is no
cure for this. There has been a lot of progress trying to understand
what may be the causative factors, including genetics, viruses,
atypical tuberculosis, autoimmune mechanisms etc. but nothing
definitive yet. We keep looking for answers.
As for medications, from sulfadrugs,steroids, immune modulators,
now lot of biological agents are available to acheive remission.
Everything depends on the extent and severity of the disease.
Typically Crohn's more commonly affects the last portion of the
small intestine called the terminal ileum but it can affect any part
of the digestive tract from mouth down to the anus.
It is associated with lots of complications, infection, abscess,obstruction,
bleeding, fistulas,skin and joint problems etc.
If you google CCF.ORG (Crohn's and colitis foundation) you will get a lot
of information including latest advances etc. Plese do that.
As for your stomach issues, you do need to get an upper GI x-rays with
small bowel follow through to find out if your Crohn's is active. You
may even need an endoscopic evaluation. I advice you to see a specialist
who treats these kinds of problems.
I wish you well.
Answered: Sun, 9 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor