Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Upper right jaw has formed puss, all test normal. Should I go for CT scan also for skull?

Hi Doc...My name is Vineet..i got a pus in upper jaw right side in oct 11.consult dr. alok agarwal in sir ganga ram hospital in new delhi.nothing come in pus test report n due medicines pus was gone.but frm nov12 it comes up frequently nd vanishes..i am veg and never got hurt in mouth.plz adv the reason.should i go for CT scan also for skull .
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to hcm forum,

The pus developed can be due to many reasons-

Poor oral hygiene maintenance resulting in periodontal abscess.
Deep dental caries /traumatic injury causing periapical abscess.
Impacted wisdom tooth.
I would suggest you to get a thorough scaling done.
drainage and curettage of pus has to be done.
Access opening will help to drain the pus.
Maintain good oral hygiene.
Complete course of antibiotics has to be administered.
hope this helps.
Answered: Tue, 19 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Anshumala Singh's  Response
Dear friend.

Thanks for sharing your concern.

Pus in upper right side of jaw could be due to many reasons like periapical infection due to any infected tooth,any trauma on that side of face,any space infection,or osteomyelities.

Be sure that if there is pus definitely, it is infected and therefore it should be treated.

Antibiotics and analgesics might help reduce infection but it is not a cure.

Accumulated pus in any area has to be drained well under antibiotic coverage.

you can get normal x ray done for skull as investigation.

visit your dentist and check for any pathology related to teeth and jaw.after exact diagnosis treatment modalities can be decided.

Answered: Tue, 19 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Gopal Krishnam Raju's  Response
take cefpodoxime+ca tab twice daily for 7 days :)
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor