Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Upper back pain, chest pain. Hurts more when smoking. Reason?

What could be the reason for my upper midsection back part of my body hurt its really sore some times my chest will hurt in the middle. When I smoke pot or ciggerets it seems to hurt even more. I ve seen a cardiologist and they said my heart is fine so that s good , but I don t know what s wrong. I ve also been to the gastroenteritis . They said that look good except for having abnormal cells and they said its E O E so I have to go find out what I m allergic too. so I thought I would give u a background of what s going on with me.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
hi michelle,
If your cardiologist says that your heart is normal and pain is not because of cardiac cause then another common cause of chest pain and upper back pain are-
one is gastritis i.e. increased acid secretion in your stomach which causes chest discomfort or pain
second is musculoskeletal like degenerative disc disease which is more seen in smokers .
ithink you should go to orthopedic surgeon and get your upper back ( thoracic spine) x ray done.
neverthless remember one thing that though ,today if dont have cardiac cause of chest pain your heart is definately at risk if you continue smoking
Answered: Wed, 13 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor