Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Unwanted pregnancy, advised Mifeprin, Zitotec. Will they help in abortion?

Hi, My wife is 28yrs old and we ve one kid of 2yrs. Her last period was on 1st sept. there is month no period in 1st Oct . Hence we checked and and found her in pregnancy. Today we visited a Gynaecologist for abortion and advised to take medicine as below.... 1st Day: Mifeprin (3 tablets together in empty stomach ) 3rd Day: Zitotec (2 tablets togather ) kindly advise whether it could completely clear the abortion.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  2188
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Firstly thanks for consulting us.

Your gynaecologist have rightly given you the MIFEPRIN(mifepristone 200mg)-ZITOTEC(misoprostol)


FDA-approved regimen -orally tablet

DOSES -Mifepristone-200mg tablet-------three tablet stat orally and after 48 hrly later

Misoprostol-200mcg tablet-------two tablet orally

this regimen used for first 49 days
Success rate 98%

It will be alright within 1 week after taking the Misoprostol. There after some abdominal pain and bleeding is normal. The product will also come out, if any complication occurs-i.e. severe bleeding, partial product of conception then consult your gynaecologist and go for-

suction evaculation/dilatation and evacuation.

Any way as it is within 49 days the chances of success is 98%. Just hope for the best.

Have a good health.
Answered: Sat, 27 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Infertility Specialist Dr. Dattaprasad's  Response
It would give you 95% chance of completely clear abortion. 5%chance: She might require curettage.
Wish you good health.
Answered: Sat, 27 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor