Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Unusual period, thick blood, blood clots. Should I be worried?

I just finished an unusual period. I am 37 years old, I weigh 250lbs à 5 5 . My husband had a vasectomy almost a year ago, pregnancy is not an option. I have 2 sons, born in the summer of 2008 & 2010, I had 2 miscarriages before that in the winter of 2004 & 2006. The last month has been very stressful at work (emotionally & work load) & my chronic back pain was worst it has ever been. I am used to heavy period, with lots of clots, small & big, during the first 2 days. My period last 3 or 4 days. My cycle is regular every 31 days. This month I started 1 day early, Day one, my period was very thin, I had been taking Rabaxisal, I assumed this was the reason. Day two, still thin, but much much heavier than usual. Mid day of day two, I wipe myself and there is a huge blood clot on the tissue . I was surprised because it is the first time a clot remained. Also it was very thick/mushy (like blood sausage) & not slimmy/bubbly like usual. I debated keeping to show a doctor (I don t have a family doctor), but in the end I dropped in the toilet. When I got up, I noted there was more in the toilet. The one on the tissue was a sphere of about 1/2 diameter. The one in the toilet was more than an inch in diameter. I had a few small normal blood clots after that. Day three was more like a spoting period, not clots, and only lasted half a day. Much much much lighter than a usual day 3. Should I be worried?
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hope this message finds u in good health.
I have gone through ur msg and understand your concern.

it may be due to some sort of hormonal imbalances or variations in the body,though there may be other reasons as well

Nothing to worry about, You should eventually get back to normal.

Take multi vitamin and calcium supplements
Do consult a gynecologist if symptoms worsen

Get back to me for any FOLLOW UP QUERIES anytime.

Regards,Dr Mahaveer Patil...(MBBS,MS,Mch)
Answered: Sat, 6 Aug 2016
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor