Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Unprotected sex, nausea, back pain, mood swings. Negative pregnancy tests. Pregnant?

Im 21 years old and I believe I maybe pregnant, but all the test come back negitive. My periods are usually not normal and can last for weeks and I ve went 4 months without one before. Me and my boyfriend had sex unprotected at the end of my period a little over a month ago. I ve felt pregnant lately with signs such as nauseated, back pains, mood swings, very tires all the time, and using the restroom way more. I don t know if I should go to the hospital to get a blood test because I don t have a PCP.
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Please do a home pregnancy test by yourself. You need not have a PCP for the same. You can do the test by yourself at home. Take an early morning urine sample and do the test by yourself, following the instructions given in the test kit. The kit is available over the counter in most countries.

Your further decisions depend on the test report. You can act accordingly.

A more accurate test will be serum beta HCG for which you need to go to lab, since your blood will be drawn for the same.

Hope this helps.

Answered: Wed, 1 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor