Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Unprotected sex, have swollen gland on neck, pimple on back and chest. Signs of HIV?

Hi I have unprotected sex about three months ago and I m really worry about HIV . I have swollen gland on my right side of my neck , it s not visible but you can feel it. I also get this pimple on my back and my chest...but I m not sure if it s a pimple or not. I do not have other symptom. I will go get tested soon but I just wanna know before I go. Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  163
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for your query.

Since you have completed 3 months after your last unprotected contact, you can go for HIV ELISA or rapid test..They will reveal your real status.

HIV will take more time to take manifest. If it is due to acute infection you may get Flu like symptoms as early as 3-4 weeks after infected exposure. As you don't have such symptoms it may not be acute infection or sero-conversion illness.

Persistent generalized lymph-adenopathy is the next possible manifestation which will always be bilaterally symmetrical painless nodes of multiple sites and will take at least an year to manifest.
Pimples like lesions can occur to anybody.
So these are not symptoms of HIV and you need not worry about the same but gat tested for your safety and try to follow safe sex to avoid such tension.

Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan
Answered: Thu, 4 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor