Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Unprotected sex, dizziness, nausea, mood swings, brown bleeding. Implantation bleeding or irregular cycle?

hi there, i am currently 20 years old, my fiance and i are having unprotected sex and now i am expirencing a lot of the early pregnancy signs. i.e dizziness , nausea , slight cramping, mood swings, ect. however i do have abrownish colored flow. its very light but a week before my period is do and continuing on four days today. I was wondering if this was implantation bleeding or just and irregular cycle. i do have a regular 28 day cycle never late or early, that is why i am so confused right now.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  136
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Since you have never missed a period and given the symptoms and the spotting with the history of unprotected intercourse, it is most likely that you have conceived. You can get a blood test for pregnancy as a urine test may not give you a positive result so soon,before a period is due. Implantation bleed is usually a fresh bleed but not brown. Brownish discharge indicates old bleed and this could be either due to a chemical pregnancy or disturbed cycle causing a breakthrough spotting. Please see your gynecologist for further advice. Take care.
Answered: Fri, 1 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

OBGYN Dr. S Patra's  Response
Mar 2016

Involving unprotected sex and presence of brownish discharge one week before period due date is mostly suggestive of early implantation bleeding. All above clinical presentation is also seen in early week of pregnancy.

Here, you should undergo one home pregnancy test with urine initially around your due date or immediately after missed period to check pregnancy status. One blood test for beta HCG & TVS scan (around 4-5 weeks) is required to confirm product of conception.

After that, you can consult with gynecologist for next line of management for this condition. In exclusion of pregnancy, other relevant investigations are to be carried out.

For direct consultation with me, you may visit my profile on Here, you can upload image for more suggestion.

Be well.
Answered: Fri, 1 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor