Unprotected sex, delayed periods. Ultrasound shows thick endometrium, normal ovaries. Pregnant?

Am i pregnant? Had unprotected sex 8 weeks ago, last month had 2 periods, first was light second whick was after 2 weeks it was heavy, this month, i think im 2 days late on my period but i am ireegular. Ultrasound result: Normal size an reverted uterus with thick endometrium , normal ovaries, minimal fluid within the posterior cul de sac. Am I pregnant?
Fri, 23 Nov 2012
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Thickening of the endometrium is not a definitive sign of pregnancy, It can be seen frequently in disorders like dtsfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB) which is a common cause of irregular periods. Moreover, you mention that you had unprotected sexual intercourse eight weeks ago and have had two periods after that. So, it is unlikely that the endometrial thickening is a sign of pregnancy. I would advise you to consult a gynaecologist for your problem of irregular periods.

Best wishes,
Dr. Sheeba Stephen