Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Unprotected sex, condom rupture, HIV infection

Dear Sir, Today I had a sex with one unknown lady. During intercourse, the condom got torn and suddenly I stopped the intercourse. Since, it was an unknown lady so I am afraid whether I am at a risk of getting HIV infected or not. Please guide me. Thanks Vikram
Asked On : Tue, 13 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  148
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response

Thanks for posting your query.

Since you don't know the HIV status of your partner and the condom tore, there has been an exposure and there is some risk.

The best thing would be for you to get tested.

The earliest test that you could do would be the DNA PCR test. This can be done after 21 days.

This test is has a high accuracy and sensitivity.

The chances of getting infected from a single encounter with a positive female partner are low, especially since you have stopped as soon as the condom tore.

Remain calm and hope for the best.

Answered: Tue, 13 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor