Unilateral eye with headache, is this related to wisdom teeth ?

I m a 39 yr old male. For about 2 weeks, I ve had ongoing pain above and around the left eye. It is not always there but more often that not...it feels akin to a medium unilateral headache above and around the eye socket. If I even lightly brush the hair on my left eyebrow without even touching the skin , I can feel what is best described as tenderness. Also touching around the eyelid or sometimes even blinking or moving the eye gets same pain response. Occasionally it also feels like a numb sensation running down outer side of left eye socket down to the cheekbone. This is not as frequent as the eyebrow/eyelid pain/tenderness which is more or less constant. I ll wake up with it and it goes on throughout the day. Went to the doctor who thought it might be migraines and gave me a shot of Imitrex and Toradol. It seemed to help slightly but pain never completely went away. Pupil dilation appears normal when exposed to light and there is no discharge. Field of vision is normal and there is no swelling around the eye. I don t have any other symptoms associated with sinuses such as congestion , sneezing, runny nose, etc. OTC pain medicine doesn t seem to work either. I still have all my wisdom teeth so not sure if they are the culprits because I have no other tooth problems. Any thoughts? Is it neurological? I did bang the back of my head on a cabinet door about 3 weeks ago and was light-headed and nauseous for about a half hour after but not sure if it could be related. Other than that I can t think of why this is happening.
Sun, 8 May 2011