Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Underwent turp for bph, infection, developing uti, abdominal pain. Treatment?

hello sir my father underwent turp for bph 2 months back, but soon after operation h had proteus infection and there after he oftenly developing uti . he still complains of lower abdominal pain , tastelessness and incomplete voiding and today usg report shown 90 ml of residual volume, 5mm bladder wall thickening, so i want to know what may be is his diagnosis and tretment for it
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
I appreciate your effort for seeking medical advice in such a distress.
well, going by your symptoms and sign, it seems that ypur father has developed post operative bladder neck contracture 9quiet a common complcation) but to confirm this cystoscopy has to be done and in the same sitting it can be treated as well.

wish you a speedy recovery.
Answered: Wed, 20 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor