Underwent tonsillectomy surgery. Why were there white patches? What can help fever?

Hi, I underwent tonsillectomy surgery a month back, as i was suffering from chronic tonsillitus with white patches every now and then. Already its been a month after surgery and i am still getting the white formation. At times it is getting a little painful. I am following continuous gargles as well. Is it safe to still get the patches or is it normal even after a surgery? And the white patches are followed by fever . Can anyone please answer my query?
Wed, 27 Mar 2019