Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Undergone eye lid surgery. Watery eyes all through the day. Has diabetes. Suggestions

My 83 year old father is having eye problems. He has watery eyesy - they water all day long, blurry vision. They performed eye lid surgery on hiim, thinking his lids were drooping and causing infections on his eyelids. This did not cure the issue. He also has diabetes. He thinks he has wet macular degenration from reading on the internet.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

Misdirected lashes could occur due to laxity of skin at age of 83, so your father needs to be examined for misdirected lashes. If they are found, epilation should be done. This should solve the problem of watering. This has to be done repeatedly nearly every month and he should use some sulphacetamide eye drops 2-3 times a day. Blurry vision could be the result of cataract which should be ruled out. If cataract is present, cataract extraction with IOL implant can be done which is a simple procedure now a days.

Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor