Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Undergoing chest pain, BP and pulse high. Tests done. Diagnosed as inflammation

My fiance had a bp of 166/103 and a pulse of about 82. I took him to ER, they done tests, and sent us home (even though his bp didn t drop below 160/100 for four hours) and his pulse never came down below 75 - in resting position. He is fit as he is a cyclist. was they re treatment right? He also has chestpain , dr says its inflammation.Still this morning high bp and chest pain , pulse of 82.
Mon, 2 Jul 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
You must consult a cardiologist and get the required investigations like EKG and possible angiography to rule out blockage in heart arteries as any blockage in arteries may cause MI in future.
His blood pressure is still high and must be brought down to around 120/80.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor