Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Underdeveloped penis. Worried about underlying problem with gender due to feminine behavior

My son is 13 and his penis hasnt developed much at all. Ive taken him to our GP who reasures me that all is ok, however i m worried that there is an undeerlying prob, possibly with his gender. As he has always had a bit of a feminine side. it could very well be me over reacting but my mother inlaw has the same reservations..
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

At the age of 13, sometime adolescence yet to be started in some individuals. So you might not be able to appreciate the development of penis. Moreover if your son is a little bit obese and his pubic pad of fat is more (familial), then also the penis seems smaller and sunken.

You can also go for an estimation of testosterone in his blood (hormone). It must be between
8-53 ng/dl. If it is lower than that you have to start treatment as early as possible. If it is abnormal then you can also opt for Karyo-typing. That also will give information about the genetic constitution of your son.
Get cleared as soon as possible.
Dr S.Murugan
Answered: Sun, 2 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor