Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Under stress, do not like smokers, habit of smokers, overreacted in a certain situation, feeling bad. Advice?

Hi, I m 47 years old single mom of 2 kids; 19 and 17. My eldest in is college and my youngest has a mild autism . I spent all my life providing and guiding my kids. I m under a lot of stress . I try and manage for most parts but sometimes trivial things really bother me and I get upset. I don t like being upset for more than 10 seconds. I wonder if I can eat some mood enhancing food to control my mood even more. Last night I got upset because my gentleman friend left me at a pub for the 3rd time in the night to go out for a smoke . I am not a smoker and dislike the whole package from health perspective to smell and the habits of smokers. He has supposedly quit regular smoking but does social smoking. I tried to brushoff the first and the second time I was left by myself but the 3rd time got to me. I don t know why it got to me so much. I don t know if I was too tired and so I reacted to such trivial thing. I felt like leaving and almost took off. I stopped talking and smiling and sat there like I hated the world. Today I feel bad about my reaction though I was not disrespectful or rude. Maybe I should drop it all together. thanks, Pira
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

East irritability could sometimes be a manifestation of underlying stress or depression. If these symptoms are frequent and distressing or if you are having difficulty handling your stress, I would advise you to consult a psychiatrist for a detailed evaluation and further management. There are effective treatment options - in the form of medication or counselling / psychotherapy which will help you overcome your problems.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
consultant Pychiatrist
Answered: Fri, 2 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor