Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Under stress. Numbness in body. What is the meaning of this?

Hi,I have been going throw very bad situation and stress prusser of lots of issues in my life at the last few months and all of that happened while I was just starting my life with my husband I mean I married 3months ago Two days ago I had a fight with my husband and I was very angry I was crying badly then I was breathing very hardly and then suddenly I started feel numb all over my body especially my hands my fingers were sticking strongly and I couldn t releas them Today I cried because I was feeling stress then I felt suddenly numb in my face the part from my chin my cheeks and bellow my eyes I feel now so worried of what is happening with me Pls doctors tell me what is happening to me and what I should do to avoid the Worst
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for query. Relax. What you are reporting is a normal phenomenon. Hyperventilation is related to transient imbalance in the body's acid-base balance. This either results in numbing or pins & needles sensation. However, considering your social and inter-personal situation an evaluation of your coping skills, personality profile as well evaluation for an underlying mood/anxiety disorder is required. Hence, you require a consultation with a psychiatrist in this regard.
Dr Sundar Gnanavel
Answered: Sun, 30 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Ashish Mittal's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Public Forum

First, do not worry, as it is not a serious medical condition. Excessive stress and anxiety frequently lead to hyperventilation which can lead to above symptoms. So, do not take much stress and relax yourself by breathing exercise and daily morning walk.

You can discuss interpersonal issues with close friend/family member for solution or you can meet some psychologist for supportive counseling. If symptoms persist, then you can get yourself evaluated by psychiatrist for treatment.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Ashish Mittal
Answered: Wed, 26 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor