Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Under several mental stress due to loss of loved ones. How can I get over this?

I was a girl friend with whom relation broke up in the inception of 2011 which gave me intolerable pain and later in May 2012 suddenly my father died so i can not bear this mental stress so i need a suggestion to forget those painful events. on the other hand i am so emotional although i am 26 years old despite i have full of emotion so i would like to reduce emotion that could be helpful for any other pains. Again i am going to make a relation with a girl but thinking if she betrays then i will face mental stress because of my emotion so plz help me by giving valuable information. thanks
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You have broke your relation with your girl friend and lost your father.These things have hurt you much and have landed you in depression.please do not neglect your illness just thinking it to be a emotional factor.Pl consult some psychiatrist and start the medicines.If neglected it may turn up in to schizophrenia.Pl remember these things are natural in human life and you have to accept the realities and face them boldly.
Answered: Mon, 15 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Udaykumar Bondre's  Response
Hello & welcome,
Think this way, if there would have been some one else in your situation, he might have collapsed & you are standing still here in this situation though somewhat stressed.
First of all, leave behind all sorrows & negativity. Negative thoughts if hammered continuously will do negative works in life.
Never ever write again as " i can not bear this mental stress". Instead think that day by day you are going to be stronger to face all type of situation.
Best for you, i think is going for Hypnotic sessions to Boost your confidence level to optimum. It works superb in such situations if done by any certified clinical hypnotherapist.
One more thing can be done on your own without involvement of third person is "Self Hypnosis". This can be done at home. Its very easy.
* Make 5 positive affirmative sentences -
e.g. I am going to be confident with my each & every breath,
I am magnet for success & happiness
* Repeat these sentences whenever you remember even while sleeping ,bathing, eating, walking.
No rule about repeatation, location.. just go on repeating these sentences to yourself as you remember them anywhere anytime.
* Start reading confidence building books.
*Meet confident friends, discuss with them.
*Make yourself busy in constructive work.
* I would advise to keep safe distance from anti depressant drugs or any other drugs for the same reason as this stress can be controlled very well by you once you get the neck of it..!

All the best. Take care.
Answered: Mon, 15 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hi and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your question...

I understand that you have gone through a tough time. In order to deal with the emotional pain of the past stressors as well as to improve your self confidence, I suggest that you seek professional help from a psychiatrist. There are certain good psychological therapies like cognitive behavioural therapy, stess management techniques, coping skills development, etc. which can specifically address your concerns. So, please have a consultation with a psychiatrist.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Mon, 15 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor