Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Under palliative care for brain CA, has severe bed sores, air bed doesn't help much. Any alternate products ?

Dr, My uncle is suffering from brain CA and he is under palliative care now. He has severe bed sore as a result of being bed ridden. We are using air bed, but that is not suffice to give him comfort. Kindly suggest a good product that I can access from India. We heard of some bed that is with a design of whoe where the body won t get any pressure continuesly. Thank you Dr.
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
ur uncle is suffering from brain CA n is under palliative care.He has severe bedsore n he is already using air bed.Then ther is no use of thinking about better beds.Only i advise you to regularly change his posture side to side every 1-2 hours,get regular dressing of the wound n try to keep that area n surrounding area dry n give him goot proteinaceouus diet to enhance the healing process.IF he is not able to take orally give him ryles tube feeds regularly.
Answered: Mon, 2 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor